Tuesday, April 28, 2020

First World Problems


We all know this term..."first world problems". It is commonly bandied about by high-minded people who think we should all be a little more grateful for our circumstances and little less likely to complain about tiny fissures in our luxurious surroundings.

Now, I know what you imaginary readers are thinking; You're thinking "that's exactly how Den acts". Case in point, my last post had a particularly snooty take on the world's "unequal distribution of wealth".

Well, truth is, I can be quite petty when I want to be. I'm versatile that way...

In fact, to demonstrate the point, I'd like to share with you my current, most nagging, first world problem. It's the ubiquitous unevenly cut bagel. It drives me crazy. I mean, if your job is to cut bagels in half, how little effort must you expend to just slow down and get the two sides approximately equal in size?

I'm telling you, the first world will be a much happier place to live once we eradicate the unnecessary evil of the uneven bagel slice. (And make charging cords longer so we can watch iPad movies in bed when our batteries are dead).

No comments:

Post a Comment