Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Shifting Perspectives


Take a moment to look at the woman in this picture and estimate her age….

Many of you probably know where this is going as this image is a well-known optical illusion that you imaginary readers have most likely seen before. Some see a young woman whose profile is viewed from behind her left shoulder and others see an old hag from a closer, more frontal perspective. The important point is that both images project clearly and, once pointed out, you can hardly believe that you didn’t see both from the start.

This is how I feel about my new perspective on human evolution. I have recently seen it from a new vantage point and I am stunned at the obviousness of what I have overlooked for so long. Stay tuned -- that post is in my mind but not yet on paper.

I know, I know…a real cliff hanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment