Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hamsters: The Smartest of the Critters?


I am not saying that hamsters are definitely the smartest of the critter family. I am also not saying that all hamsters are smarter than all humans. What I am saying is that OUR hamster appears to be smarter than US.

His name is Brownie and he lives in a tightly locked cage that has been secured with additional braces and straps across each door. Yet, he has completed multiple successful escapes and has spent more than one night roaming freely about our house, despite our determined efforts to keep him captive.

We got Brownie from a family who told us that he was dumb. However, I do recall that they also told us he had a knack for escaping his cage. I think that, as a species, we have been underestimating these critters for some time now.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/26/2009

    I propose a new name...Browndini.
    TF

    ReplyDelete