I see a theme emerging here.
I mentioned the FCC requirement that a percentage of all media coverage refer to Brett Favre. This sparked a post from Auggie about the overwhelming publicity of Brady-related non-stories. That in turn prompted frequent (but erratic) commenter "JD" to snipe sarcastically about Tiger.
Here are two lists. A partial list of things that seem to get too much press and a partial list of things I think should get more "ink". Feel free to help me round them out.
5. Obama's Dog
6. Celebrity political opinions
8. The Dow
9. Housing prices
1. Korea testing missiles (this one is getting some run)
2. NFL players life expectancy of 57
3. US and European obesity rates among children
4. Increased smoking among teens
5. 42 separate wars on the planet right now
6. Disparity of education quality between inner-city and suburbs
7. What Would Den Say Blog